Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My First Blog!!! Meatloaf Cupcakes

Well I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now so I have giant mix of randomness to share.


First and maybe foremost (drum-roll, please)... MEATLOAF CUPCAKES!!!
 
 I had been craving meatloaf for a couple days but I could not find the time (or the want) to make it then have wait for an hour while it bakes. What to do?  Change the vessel that it cooks in to make it smaller so it will cook faster and what better than a cupcake pan? Mashed potato "frosting" and cheese "sprinkles" makes this dish fun and tasty.
For my meatloaf recipe I take a note from my Dad who will put just about anything in his meatloaf.  If there is that last little corner left in the cereal box he crushes that up and puts it in or crushed up crackers, such as my personal favorite Cheez-Its.

                                                                   For my "cake" I use
    • About 1 lb ground beef
    • Half a can of tomato soup
    • 1 egg
    • Salt and pepper
    • Anything dry and crush-able in the pantry that has that tiny bit in it that no one will eat
    • Breadcrumbs and cheez-its until its like a moist cookie dough 
I put everything in a large freezer bag so I don't have to touch the meat but I can still mix it really well. Then I cut the corner off the bag (make a large hole) and squeeze it right into the cupcake pan. With the back of a spoon smoosh them into the pan and add a little tomato soup on top and bake for 25 minutes at 350. Meanwhile, peel, cut and boil 4 russet potatoes (remember the smaller the chucks the faster they will cook). 20 minutes or so should do the trick, then drain and add a splash of milk, a little butter and salt then whip. Throw the whipped potatoes in a bag, cut the corner and pipe them on top of the meat "cakes". Add shredded cheese and bake another 5 minutes. Let cool and enjoy! I serve them on top of ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment